It’s a long term Planning Process (15 to 30 YEARS ) that establishes an organizations development priorities on what you will accomplish in the future and forces you to make choices on what you will do and what you will not do. Broad outline on where resources will get allocated, its participatory and requires consensus building.
Why MDS is important?
- Provides an opportunity for an entity to explore its comparative advantages
- Enables long term strategic development direction for a given entity.
- Allocate resources strategically
MDS ‘S RELEVANCE
- Attract and discipline its use
- Clarify the vision for the city’s future
- Build necessary partnerships
- Anticipate future shocks
- Plan for growth
- To study and analyze the municipal/ secondary cities situation in terms of urban development and be able to forecast as well as plan the future of urban development.
- To ensure increased stakeholders’ engagement in municipal governance, planning and management.
- To propose a Municipal Development Strategy that will ensure sustainable development of the secondary cities/ municipalities.
- To provide a strategic municipal planning framework that will attract and promote public and private investment.
- To create a linkage between municipal development plans and incoming potential municipal funding/ resources (such as USMID among others)
KEY ISSUES ADDRESSED BY MDS PROJECT
- Engaging secondary cities in proactive and long-term planning.
- Addressing the needs of the urban citizens particularly the urban poor.
- Increasing overall social responsibility amongst the urban dwellers following their participation in the strategic planning process.
- The need to strengthen the urban economy in the 14 MCs among others
For More Details click the link below to download…
MDS OVERVIEW OF MDS PROJECT BY PUO